Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pecan Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies



It's almost like I have rediscovered pecans. Once upon a time, I'm mad about walnuts. Then I went on to pine nuts and even cashews. Now, I like to put pecans in all my baking and granola.

From time to time, I do love a good cookie. Hubby likes them in his snack box as they are portable and easy to munch on. Making a good healthy cookie without processed ingredients like white flour can be tricky- especially since I like my cookie a little crispy.


I think you know about my search for the perfect chocolate chip cookie. Check this and this and this healthy version out... Since we hardly eat flour products, I find it difficult to make cookies at home.


Not anymore. I have the "Make ahead Paleo" cookbook by Tammy and have been experimenting with glee. Her version is the "Kitchen Sink Cookies" but I made a few changes as we generally don't take as much maple syrup on honey. That could have contributed to why my cookie isn't as crispy as well.



 One thing that I learned in this cookbook is the use of arrowroot starch and flour! It really does make the finished product more "normal" cake/cookie tasting. My only complain is that clean cookies usually do not keep well. I re toasted mine the next day and it tasted just as good- if not better as it became crispier!

ps- did you see the photo of my new measuring spoons? They are soooo cool that I'm keeping them aside for props! LOL

Pecan Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies (I made 28 cookies)
1 cup almond flour
3 tablespoon of coconut flour
1/4 cup arrowroot starch
1/4 cup tapioca starch
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
pinch of sea salt

2 eggs
2 tsp of vanilla paste
2 tablespoon of maple syrup
splash of almond milk (around 2 tablespoon)
2 tablespoon of coconut oil

1/4 cup of pecans
1/4 cup of cranberries
1/4 cup of chocolate chips

Put baking paper on baking tray. Preheat Oven at 180C. Whisk dry ingredients together. In a jug, mix eggs and other wet ingredients together. Fold wet to dry. Then fold in pecans, cranberries and choc chops. Spoon teaspoons onto baking tray. Flatten it. Bake for 15 minutes till golden.

Toast leftovers the next day.




 photo MTWsignature_zpsaefba23f.png

1 comment:

Little Corner of Mine said...

Looks great! Homemade is always better than store-bought! I should be making some.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...