Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tahini Roast Pork


I have been using the oven quite abit recently. It have always enjoyed using the oven to cook- it's clean and simple.


This was actually taken from Nigella's website. I did have some tahini paste and wanted to use it. I was also curious to know how sesame will taste like with pork- should be good I imagine. Sesame goes well with most things!

I didn't use pork belly- but used a leaner cut of pork roast instead. I also did marinate it overnight as instructed but added more lemon juice instead hoping that the acid will help tenderise the lean cut further.

The result is a rich roast. I didn't think it was that rich! The taste was strong- so less is more for tahini paste I think. It's a different type of roast- one that is very easy to do.


Tahini Roast Pork
1 kg of pork shoulder or pork belly
3-4 tablespoon of tahini paste
3-4 tablespoon of soy sauce
1 whole lemon juiced

Marinate pork with everything overnight.

Preheat oven 160C. Roast for 2.5 hours till done! Serve with veges.




Photobucket

7 comments:

Little Corner of Mine said...

This recipe is fairly easy. I also have a bottle of Chinese sesame paste, I was looking for it when I didn't have it and when I have it, I hardly ever use it. *sigh*

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Ooooo I love a pork dish like this! And what a coincidence. My husband picked up my leftover tahini sauce in the fridge the other day and told me to finish up before going bad. This is going to be a perfect recipe (and I am pretty sure I have just enough for this recipe!).

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

never had tahini sauce before, wish one day i can try it out..

tigerfish said...

I am trying to imagine the taste. I guess the best way is to try the recipe. But...I have to get tahini paste first.:o

Joanne said...

I love coating food in tahini. This sounds so tasty!

lena said...

that's interesting for me reading a new marinate for pork roast!..hmm..this must be do different from our chinese roasted pork:))

rosi said...

I like coating food in tahini . It's my food perfect .

Voyance amour

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...