Monday, October 08, 2012

Mini Flourless Chocolate Cake



Elana's Pantry  is a good source of inspiration for me when it comes to healthy day to day recipes. This one caught my eye early one, but I never had the chance to make it till recently.

I'm not sure if this is my ultimate favourite chocolate cake- but I love the dense and rich flavour. It's simple and quick to whip up. Perfect for a quick chocolate cake fix.


Mini Flourless Chocolate Cake  (Makes around 7 mini cakes)
150 grams of dark chocolate melted (I used a combination of lindt 70% dark choc and passionfruit)
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 eggs
2 tsp of espresso coffee

1/2 cup of almond flour
2 tablespoon of coconut flour
2 tsp of coconut sugar (or honey)
1/4 tsp sea salt


Preheat Oven 180C.

Met chocolate in 2x30 seconds bursts in the microwave. Stir and add coconut oil. Whisk vanilla essence, coffee and eggs.

In another bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, salt, coconut sugar or honey. Mix Well.

Spoon in grease or lined 9 by 9 tray or use mini loaf tray like me.


Photobucket

9 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Recently I just made brownie, your mini chocolate look similar but yours is flourless, sound more healthier than my brownie, hehehe .,

tigerfish said...

Just trying to recall if I have had flourless chocolate cake before...hmmm....

Coconut flour is new to me too but seems that the quantity used w.r.t almond flour is not too much. What is the purpose of coconut flour - is it for aroma?

Kitchen Belleicious said...

love the use of almond flour and the hint of espresso in the bread. Mini loves mean I can eat more! YEAH!

Little Corner of Mine said...

Yum! Definitely look dense and rich, my kind of chocolate cake.

Asmita said...

This looks amazing!

lena said...

if you say rich, then it's my kind of cake :) i see that you're now really into coconut based products.

CQUEK said...

gorgeous to look at… and gorgeous to eat!

Joanne said...

My stomach just growled from looking at this!

daphne said...

sonia- all brownies are delish!

Tigerfish- coconut flour adds texture, and more flavour like you said. It absorbs liquid like crazy so most recipes does not like to add it too much.

jessica- oh yeah!

ching- it's melt and mix too!

asmita- thank you

lena- yeah! almond and coconut.

cquek- thank you

Joanne- ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...