Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chocolate Hazelnut Butter



I can so eat this by the spoonful. I must be working my food processor overtime with all the nuts I am blending. Never thought it can be so fun figuring out what nut butter should I make next.

I wouldn't call this nutella, I can't seem to get a very smooth consistency with the blitzing of hazelnuts. It does have a bite to it which I quite enjoy. I tried to use almond milk to make it creamier, which it did but I'm guessing I did not add enough of it. Nevertheless, this is a very good dip or pair it with some fruit, or do what I do, which is to eat it by the spoonful!

Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
2 cups of hazelnuts-preferably roasted to release more oil
1 tablespoon of coconut oil
1 tsp of honey or organic coconut sugar
1/2 cup of almond milk
2 or 3 tsp of cacao powder

Blitz hazelnuts for as long as it takes to make it into a butter. Add in coconut oil to make it smooth, followed by almond milk. Add cacao powder. Taste and add some sugar if required or honey. Eat!



Photobucket

6 comments:

Joanne said...

I think a lot of weirdo ingredients are added to nutella to make it smooth...which is why they call it a spread and not hazelnut butter! Yours sounds fabulous.

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Sound like a good spread on toast bread.

Little Corner of Mine said...

Oh yummy! My girls would go crazy for it!

WokandSpoon said...

This looks great! Never heard of coconut sugar though!

lena said...

i really dont mind its rougher consistency if you're making it for me :)

Estèrre said...

Thank you for this recipe that I really like, I have all the ingredients! I will surely do it! I wish you good luck ....

Avenir amour

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...